This month at J & C Creations challenge is anything with sizzix dies and your chance to win a £20 voucher to spend on line. Here is my take and yes I’m still into the Hunkydory rocker cards. I think their fab!
This card is made by using the triple embossing method.
· Shaped card
· Sizzix Tim Holtz tree die and big shot ( J & C)
· Penny black T stamps – Air Mail (J & C)
· Penny Black – Natures Dance (J & C)
· ATC size card to fit inside the frame stamp
· Versamark (J & C)
· Archival ink in black (J & C)
WOW embossing powders in bark, vanilla white, evergreen, nutmeg, gold pearl.
· Cosmic Shimmer Spray in blue and gold
· Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue (J & C)
· Oval classic scallop spellbinder (J & C)
· Sizzix Tim Holtz vintage lace die (J & C)
· Different backing papers
· Peel off stickers
· Buttons and string
1. Glue different backing papers onto the shaped card with Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic glue. This in my opinion is one of the best glues on the market.
2. Die cut the trees onto thick cardstock
3. Stamp out the frame from ‘air mail‘ with Versamark and sprinkle WOW ebony fine embossing powder. Heat set. Cut the frame out. Stamp out the frame again cutting away the scallop edge leaving an ATC size rectangle.
4. Cover the ATC with Versamark and then WOW Ultra High Clear Embossing Powder. Do this 3 times to cover the card and have a thick layer. The next layer, cover with Versamark and then spray cosmic shimmer over the card and heat. The spray particles will melt into the embossing powder. Then another coating of Versamark and sprinkle different embossing powders and heat. Get ‘nature’s dance’ stamp ready by inking up with archival ink in black. Heat the card and stamp into the melted powder with the stamp. Leave this until it goes cold and pull the stamp out of the cooled embossing powder. You should have the image imprinted on the ATC.
5. Wrap a piece of string and glue a button onto the front of the ATC. Glue this to the scallop frame.
6. Take the two trees and do the same technique on these as on the ATC.
7. Use the ‘vintage lace’ die to cut different papers and glue onto the front of the card.
8. Stamp out the ‘with love’ from the ‘air mail’ set and cut this out by using an oval classic scallop spellbinder die.
9. Put the card together.
Go to the website (link on the right) to purchase items from J & C Creations Store
Have a triple embossing frenzy
Also on the blog today is how to make this tag by me.
Please follow and like us: