Today is the turn of all my scraps at the bottom of my drawer – you know the ones that you always keep and say – that will come in handy one day!
I started with a piece of white card and then direct to paper with gathered twigs, black soot. rusty hinge and tea dye distress inks and just put them all over the card. Then sprayed water on to blend them. Heat dried with a heat gun.
I had cut some Spellbinder border and accents out some time ago with sticky back plastic and saved the backing sheet. This I covered in alcohol inks – which ended up as globules because of the shiny surface(HAPPY ACCIDENT) so I used a heat gun then some acrylic paint watered down and some tea dye distress ink to give them the ‘antique’ look, then used the same method on the circles which were from the Tim Holtz tag die.
The main picture – Penny Black ‘Christmas Cardinals’ was stamps in Versamark and heat set with WOW ebony embossing powder. The edges were distressed with some scissors and inked with tea dye distress ink.
The bottom panel is a piece of brown card and glued onto this was some round engineering diagrams inked up as before. Stamped in Versamark on top of this was the Penny Black ‘Silken knots’ and heat set with WOW ebony embossing powder.
The feather was from a walk on the beach last summer! See I told you I’d delved deep!