Sunday Stampers Challenge….

Hi Everyone

 I am submitting one of my mannequins for the Sunday Scrappers Challenge which is:

EMBOSSING POWDERs 
I had purchased a mannequin from a car boot sale for 50pence and I
had ethereal, nature and earthtones running around my head for this
one.A few months ago I had the pleasure of going to
the WOW HQ with fellow DT’s and we did a technique with foil, flock,
embossing powder and double sided sheets.  I loved this technique and so
I have replicated it for the skirt on the mannequin.

Firstly,
I painted the mannequin in white gesso and the stand in black.  If
there is a paint I cannot do without it is gesso both in white and
black.  It is sooo fantastic as a base for anything. Next I cut Tim
Holtz tissue paper into strips and used PVA glue to put it onto the
mannequin body.  Once dry, I went over this in peeled paint and vintage
photo distress stain, then painted over the top, Martha Stuart green
glitter paint.

The WOW technique came next.  Get a
stencil -I chose a Dreamweaver leafy stencil and put in down on one side
of the double sided sticky.  Take the different foils, I chose copper,
dark blue and green and rubbed this into the stencil.  When pulled away
some of it stays in the stencil crevices.  After that I used brown flock
and rubbed this over the stencil, putting back in the pot what I didn’t
use.  I then peeled the stencil off and sprinkled bark embossing powder
over the pattern. The embossing powder stuck to the areas hidden by the
stencil.  I then used a heat gun lightly over the picture and the
embossing powder melted and formed ridges in the pattern.  I covered a
full A4 sheet of double sided sticky with the stencil and the technique
then peeled off the back of the sticky and lay it onto a very colourful
piece of 12 x 12 paper.   This would mean that when I curled the
pieces for the skirt, the backing paper would show through in some areas
and blend with the mannequin torso.

I then cut this into 2cm strips, curled one end and glued the other onto the
torso forming a skirt all the way around.  I then finished off with a
velvet ribbon around the waist, tied at the back.


The leaf scroll is a Mariella die-holly vine and Cherry Lynn leaf stacker
die.  I then covered these in Versamark and WOW verdigris embossing
powder, then went over the dies with peeled paint and vintage photo
distress stains.   I then glued them onto the bodice.

The glitter flower is from my stash of Prima flowers and the little flowers
are made from cork with the spellbinder bauble blossoms 2.

The butterflies are a Anne Griffin punch.  The watch and gem embellishments from my stash.

The
collar around the bodice is made from the spellbinder bauble blossoms 2
out of parchment paper inked with vintage photo distress stain and touched with bark embossing powder.

I have called this mother nature as it looks very organic to me and the
day I made it I was in a very calm state even though the wind and rain
were lashing it down outside, it made me feel all cosy in the
house………………….

Hope you’ve had a little bit of peace and tranquility this week.
Take care
Sue

 

Please follow and like us:
RSS
Follow by Email
Facebook
Google+
http://nwscrapbooking.co.uk/2013/05/sunday-stampers-challenge.html">
Twitter
SHARE
Pinterest

2 Comments on “Sunday Stampers Challenge….

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *