Mother Earth….

Hi Everyone

Just a post which I had forgotten about when the challenge with  WOW  was – anything but a card with flock.  Again as I have had a little sort out over the past weeks and I was determined to use some of my stash that has been hanging around for ages. I had purchased a mannequin from a car boot sale for 50pence and I had etherial, nature and earthtones running around my head for this one.

A few months ago I had the pleasure of going to the WOW HQ with fellow DT’s and we did a technique with foil, flock, embossing powder and double sided sheets.  I loved this technique and so I have replicated it for the skirt on the mannequin.

Firstly, I painted the mannequin in white gesso and the stand in black.  If there is a paint I cannot do without it is gesso both in white and black.  It is sooo fantastic as a base for anything. Next I cut Tim Holtz tissue paper into strips and used PVA glue to put it onto the mannequin body.  Once dry, I went over this in peeled paint and vintage photo distress stain, then painted over the top, Martha Stuart green glitter paint.

The WOW technique came next.  Get a stencil -I chose a Dreamweaver leafy stencil and put in down on one side of the double sided sticky.  Take the different foils, I chose copper, dark blue and green and rubbed this into the stencil.  When pulled away some of it stays in the stencil crevises.  After that I used brown flock and rubbed this over the stencil, putting back in the pot what I didn’t use.  I then peeled the stencil off and sprinkled bark embossing powder over the pattern. The embossing powder stuck to the areas hidden by the stencil.  I then used a heat gun lightly over the picture and the embossing powder melted and formed ridges in the pattern.  I covered a full A4 sheet of double sided sticky with the stencil and the technique then peeled off the back of the sticky and lay it onto a very colourful piece of 12 x 12 paper.   This would mean that when I curled the pieces for the skirt, the backing paper would show through in some areas and blend with the mannequin torso.


I then cut this into 2cm strips, curled one end and glued the other onto the torso forming a skirt all the way around.  I then finished off with a velvet ribbon around the waist, tied at the back.

The  leaf scroll is a Mariella die-holly vine and Cherry Lynn leaf stacker die.  I then covered these in versamark and WOW verdigris embossing powder, then went over the dies with peeled paint and vintage photo distress stains.   I then glued them onto the bodice.

The glitter flower is from my stash of Prima flowers and the little flowers are made from cork with the spellbinder bauble blossoms 2.

The butterflies are a Anne Griffin punch.  The watch and gem embellishments from my stash.

The collar around the bodice is made from the spellbinder bauble blossoms 2 out of parchment paper inked with vintage photo distress stain.

I have called this mother nature as it looks very organic to me and the day I made it I was in a very calm state even though the wind and rain were lashing it down outside, it made me feel all cosy in the house………………….

Further pictures, all stock items and full instructions are on the WOW blog .  See you over there soon…

Hope you’ve had a little bit of peace and tranquillity this week.

Take care

Sue

Please follow and like us:
RSS
Follow by Email
Facebook
Google+
http://nwscrapbooking.co.uk/2013/01/mother-ear.html">
Twitter
SHARE
Pinterest

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *