I thought I would get into the ‘Tim Holtz’ frenzy and enter the Studio L3 challenges. Here is my first tag entry for Custom Foam Stamps technique on page 66.
- Sizzix tag die
- Tim Holtz Alterations die ‘Pine Tree’
- Distress inks in black soot, faded jeans, rusty hinge and antique linen
- Adirondack brights in pool
- White acrylic paint
- WOW white embossing powder
- Stazon Timber Brown
- Tim Holtz ‘Journey’ stamp
- black fine marker pen
1. Firstly cut out the tree in funky foam and mounted this onto plastic (I used the packaging from a spellbinder die)
2. Put distress ink onto the tag of faded jeans,rusty hinge, antique linen and Adirondack pool.
3. Take some water on my fingers and splashed it onto the ink making the ink disperse on the paper. I then let this dry.
4. Ink the edges of the tag with black soot distress ink.
5. Fill the ‘sponge’ tree stamp with white picket fence distress stain and stamped this onto the tag and used a heat gun to dry it.
7. Stamp over the tree again in white picket fence distress stain. (Acrylic paint would also give a similar effect).